Activities in the Knowledge Stage of Change Management:
- Work directly with the Transformation Initiative team on change management plans and execution by authoring communications to stakeholders that accurately convey process or other organizational changes and are aligned with the OIT communication practices and standards (including accessibility).
- Review documentation of a technical nature for user-friendly language without compromising the accuracy and completeness of the translated source materials.
- Ensure consistency in terminology across all documentation and communications.
- Assist with building out training packages in support of the roll-out of new standards and standard operating procedures, at a minimum.
- Create dashboards to track metrics and provide Program-level status.
Activities in the Ability and Reinforcement Stage of Change Management:
- Utilize the planning approach to address anticipated or realized gaps in the on-going adoption of new processes and in support of continuous improvement.
- Design metrics as a part of the OCM planning and then utilize the data to develop targeted reinforcement steps.
- Utilize impact information to focus reinforcement activities
- Anticipate areas of resistance to change and to recommend strategies to assist with moving forward.
- 8+ years of experience with designing and executing organizational change management plans.
- Senior expertise applying a formal change management process and ability to recognize the change stage and offer suggestions in advance for moving through each stage, such as: (see job notes)
- Senior expertise in recommending and selecting the delivery method, presentation formats, and timing for communications based on the nature of the nature of the change and stage of implementation.
- 3+ years of experience as a communications specialist or technical writer
- 5+ years of experience utilizing the Prosci ADKAR Change Management Process
- 3+ years of experience in an IT environment and familiarity with the application of commonly accepted concepts and practices specific to Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and SDLC management to include, but not limited to, ITIL and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with organizing and maintaining a WIKI.
- Experience with video creation
- Prior state or government experience
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise in the application of an Organizational Change Management Methodology
- Expertise in the application of style guidelines and practices, including accessibility
- Expert knowledge of common business applications, such as, Google suite of applications, Microsoft Office, Visio or Draw IO, and Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of concepts and artifacts that facilitate the development of process documentation and achieve organizational change management objectives.
- Strong research skills using the Internet and other tools.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others
- WIKI development including organization and content management.