Data Delivery Manager
£600 p/d Inside
3 month contract (most likely get extended, project is 2-3 years)
1-2 days per week in the Hammersmith office
As a Delivery Manager in Data, you will be a part of a team of delivery managers providing agile delivery capability. You will be supporting a variety of Data teams by providing in-situ delivery support and leadership.
Data consists of the following teams:
· Data Science, Data Products, Engineering, Analysts etc.
· Establishing and proactively refining delivery best practices and ways of working into teams beyond the discipline to develop maturity around planning and execution of work.
· Ensuring delivery is transparent, predictable, and sustainable, whilst providing value to our customers by enabling data-driven decision making.
· Driving a continuous improvement mindset and developing self-sufficient agile teams
· Coaching teams to be predictable, sustainable, value driven and flexible.
· Embedding and refining a clear way of working across multiple teams.
· Able to drive the Digital Data vision and agenda, address tactical delivery issues as they occur and maintain commitments but maintain focus on the strategic direction.
· Take accountability for managing and mitigating risks, dependencies and issues
· Ensure the strategic goals for Digital Data are understood.
· Playing an active role in the Change digital delivery community, and sharing best practice
· Select the appropriate tools for the job to manage progress against OKRs
Your Profile & Experience
A successful candidate will:
· Be confident at presenting concepts and ideas to a wide range of contributors
Have strong commercial acumen and ability to structure delivery within a framework that clearly augments the financial and operational goals of the team.
· Good technical Acumen and experience working on Cloud based projects (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
· Good understanding of data warehousing, ETL/ELT processes, and distributed computing platforms.
· Familiarity to BI and Analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau etc.
· Experience of working across the full Software Development Life Cycle in a dynamic fast paced environment.
· Demonstrable experience applying Agile principles into real world practices that work for the teams they support.
· Experience working alongside senior stakeholders
· Communicate clearly between internal and external teams and manage any potential issues accordingly.
· Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate well whilst doing so
· Good planning across teams you directly and indirectly influence
· Mentoring / coaching others whilst leading teams via influence and persuasion
· Experience in coaching teams in agile ways of working
· Proven experience in working for a fast-paced product-led tech business
· Used to working across all levels of the business; from director level to associate
· A strong team contributor, ensuring everyone is working on the right things in the
· right ways
· Delivered technical/digital projects, working within constraints, meeting outcomes and driving business value.
· Proven ability to manage third-party supplier relationships.
You will be accountable for supporting and guiding multiple Data squads in planning and delivering the vision, strategy & objectives both within Data and across the Change organisation.