I am looking for an experience Kubernetes engineer for a permanent role with my client. They are one of the UK's largest companies and offer an incredible place to develop your career in an inclusive and supportive environment.
This is a hybrid role with 1 day per week on-site in their Slough offices preferred, but bi-weekly attendance could potentially work as well.
As the Kubernetes Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and refining their Kubernetes environments to optimise their containerisation infrastructure to meet the requirements of the business applications. This will involve managing, monitoring and updating Kubernetes as well as capacity planning. You will also work with the application development teams as required to ensure upgrades to applications or the Kubernetes platform are compatible and optimised. The client currently have seven Kubernetes clusters (including test and pre-production) comprising twenty nodes and around 600 pods.
Skills and experience
We are looking for the following skills & experience:
* Significant commercial experience with management of Kubernetes environments.
* Significant commercial experience maintaining and updating Kubernetes versions and managing dependencies and compatibility issues.
* Experience migrating, consolidating and restructuring Kubernetes environments.
* Experience with cloud providers AWS and Azure.
* Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment techniques, approaches and tools, including experience with the GitHub and GitHub Actions.
* Willingness to learn new skills.
Nice to have:
* Source code systems and branching strategies; Github and Github Actions.
* Experience automating tasks using PowerShell or Azure CLI.
* Observability and monitoring using New Relic, Grafana and / or Splunk.
* Networking concepts - Bastion hosts, Reverse Proxies, Load Balancing, TLS.
* Experience managing Kubernetes using IaC tools (Terraform).
* Be a team player - live the Client's values.
* Work with the Chapter Lead to agree improvements to the Kubernetes infrastructure.
* Define and refine Kubernetes roadmap.
* Act as the subject matter expert for Kubernetes management.
* Ensure the Kubernetes environments are well monitored and have sufficient capacity and resilience.
* Work with the Platform Engineer to define IaC deployments for the Kubernetes environments.
* Work as part of the team to solve complex cross-business technical problems.
* Creating business justifications for when and why platforms need upgrading and present these to Product Owners & Stakeholders when necessary, in an articulate manner for an audience that may not be technical.
* Share knowledge with other members of the squad.
This role is unable to sponsor.