Our exciting Australian tech client is looking for a PHP Developer to join them on a permanent basis. They currently have a team of 4 engineers and are looking for a mid-senior engineer to join the team who is looking to learn and develop their craft.
The role will suit a software engineer with great communication skills, who learns quickly and enjoys solving customer problems. You have a passion for delivering high quality reusable code, with a focus on service reliability and monitoring.
- Building new features for web-app and API using PHP and MySQL.
- Designing and implementing high performing and scalable code using PHP.
- Write code that reads/writes data to the database efficiently. You will also occasionally be required to write custom scripts to retrieve data for colleagues outside of our department.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and resolving software defects and issues - leasing with our customer support team to get further details.
- Reviewing other team members code and providing feedback via pull requests.
- Collaborating with colleagues in system architecture and design discussions.
- Demonstrate willingness to seek clarification and ask questions when needed.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience as a PHP Developer in a similar role(3- 5 years).
- Proficiency with PHP and experience using at least one framework (Laravel, Symphony, etc).
- Familiarity building UI elements with HTML and CSS, experience using toolkits such as Bootstrap or Tailwind.
- A good grasp of MySQL or similar (PostgreSQL, etc) - Able to write efficient queries & one-off scripts.
- Experience with git
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with at least one JS front end framework (e.g., React, Vue.js, etc).
- Experience with deploying your code to a provider such as AWS or Azure.
- Have used containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker.
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
What's on offer?
- Remote working available
- Significant project pipeline & funding
- Excellent best practices within engineering environment
If you would like to discuss further, please apply and a consultant will contact appropriate candidates for a confidential discussion in 24 hours :)