The Work and Resource Analyst, Expert is responsible for:
· Tracking changes to the long-term plan and construction resource forecasts and translating those changes into the GC Work and Resource Plans.
· Reviewing the construction teams resource availability and translating it into the GC Work and Resource Plans.
· Validating that projects in the GC Work and Resource Plans meet the GC Planning project governance priorities.
· Creating P6 schedules for GC specific projects and when required for constructability reviews.
· Developing baseline ROM (rough order of magnitude), C50, T50, C100 and T100 estimates as required.
· Updating the assigned 4 week look ahead with the construction team.
· Attending area specific meetings, tracking project changes, and updating GC Work and Resource Plans.
· Coordinating project status, updates, and changes with construction managers and engineers.
· Engaging at project scoping and being involved in project planning through turnover to the construction crew.
· Utilizing SAP for project information and for pulling data reports.
· Supporting the development of visual management tools for GC Planning.
· Provides counsel and advice on operational and cost planning issues.
· Partners with functional areas to develop integrated work plans.
· Quantifies the funding and resources required to execute work plans and work portfolios efficiently in financial and operational terms.
· Works closely with Project Managers, Project Controls Analysts, Construction Managers and GC Supervisors to understand construction targets and identify potential construction projects.
· Monitors construction planning activities and ensures the construction operations meet the program's safety, quality, cost, and schedule goals. Utilizes the workload management database, updates any assigned projects, reviews workload analysis reports for action, and participates in the full planning team process.
· Develops detailed contingency plans for the portfolio of work in the annual and long-term plans.
· Monitors completed and active work plans, tracking costs against the plan.
· Develops and runs regular reports from multiple data sources.
· Develops tracking and reporting tools.
· Determines options if plans are off schedule or over cost and recommends plan changes to ensure work completion.
· Ensures resource balancing among projects throughout function.
· Develops and delivers presentations on specific strategic work plans to a wide range of stakeholders across the service territory.
· Analyzes gaps in execution and identifies business improvements based on various sources such as benchmarking data, operational visual management data.
· Leads and facilitates groups through brainstorming and process mapping to help improve business processes.
· May lead specific projects for the department.
· May coach less experienced team members.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics, business administration or comparable quantitative field or equivalent related work experience.
· 7 years of relevant work experience with steady progression of responsibilities.
· Experience in data & financial analysis and management.
· Experience in maintenance and construction-related activities.
· Working Knowledge Excel.
· Program or project management experience.
· Experience with work plans and resource management.
· Lean six sigma or other process improvement certification.
· Demonstrated knowledge in Hydroelectric Construction.
· Ability to perform analysis using P6, HeavyBid, HeavyJob, PDAP, Power BI, SAP and work and resource excel files.
· Ability to present complex data and findings to internal audiences.
· Ability to apply knowledge and skill to resolve complex problems.
· Good communication and presentation skills with various audiences.