Scientist 2 - Sample Core Biorepository
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: 12 month contract. As a w2 contract worker you are eligible to a benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k vehicle and more.
Pay rate: $37-42/hr. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, etc.
Are you ready to be a part of groundbreaking scientific research and innovation? Our client are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team in the role of Scientist 2 within the Sample Core Biorepository. As a Scientist 2, you will play a vital role in the day-to-day operations, contributing to the success of project teams through your expertise in sample management and laboratory techniques.
As a Scientist 2, you will collaborate across various functions to provide essential samples and services, contributing to the advancement of cutting-edge projects. This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of genomics and contribute to meaningful scientific discoveries.
- Design and execute experiments of varying complexity, encompassing a wide range of techniques, including but not limited to: Nucleic acid extraction from FFPE, blood, plasma, and cell lines.
- Quantification and qualification of nucleic acids using fluorometric, qPCR, and size selection methods.
- Carefully document technical observations in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Proven experience in manual or automated nucleic acid extraction, qualification, and quantification methods.
- Excellent communication abilities, adapting messages and presentations to various stakeholders
- Skill in designing and analyzing experiments, including appropriate controls to optimize processes or troubleshoot issues.
- Preferred: Experience with cell culture techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience; or an advanced degree without experience.
Join our client's dynamic team and be a part of transformative research and innovation that has a real impact on our world. Please apply with an up to date copy of your resume to be considered.