Senior/Research Associate - Gene Therapy Drug Development
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Are you passionate about advancing gene therapy and contributing to ground-breaking drug development efforts? Our client is actively seeking a talented and motivated Senior/Research Associate to join their dynamic team. As a key member of their gene therapy research division, you will play a crucial role in the design, generation, and evaluation of gene therapy vectors. This opportunity is offered on a full-time and permanent basis.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $85-100,000. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there may be flexibility on final job title and responsibilities. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity etc.
- Generate gene therapy vectors for in vitro and in vivo efficacy evaluation.
- Execute a cloning strategy to prepare plasmids containing genes of interest.
- Communicate updates and results at group meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments and ensure adherence to laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in the biological sciences (e.g., Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Physiology, or a related field) with 1-3 years of relevant postgraduate research experience.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of cloning techniques, including restriction enzyme, site-directed mutagenesis, and Gibson cloning.
- Experience with Sanger and Plasmid-EZ sequencing analysis and sequence alignment.
- Proficiency with molecular biology software, such as Geneious.
Why Join Us:
- Contribute to ground-breaking gene therapy drug development.
- Collaborate with a diverse and innovative team.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are ready to make a significant impact in the field of gene therapy and meet the qualifications outlined above, we invite you to apply.