Our client is continuing their journey with multiple projects where they are looking for a Senior Security Architect to join their organisation on an initial 6 month contract basis with further extensions. This client is working on multiple projects which would give you an exciting opportunity to cutting edge Technology tools in AWS with solutions such as CloudFront, CloudTrail, Guard Duty, IAM, Cognito, KMS, VPC Network and Security Data Lake.
The Security Architect is a key leadership role on our clients security program, reporting into the Chief Architect and under guidance from the Chief Information Security Officer. This role is responsible for collaborating with Architecture, Security, Data Services, Platforms Services, Risk, Engineering, Product, and Go-to-Market teams to help develop security architecture blueprint and roadmap.
The key responsibilities will include;
- Maintain and enhance the reference architecture for AWS-based cloud platform.
- Define and maintain cloud architecture assets and roadmaps based on changes in business scenarios, environment, technology architecture and regulation.
- Work within the Architecture team to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with the clients architecture frameworks
- Support development of the security vision and strategy.
- Document a detailed model of architecture across not only the security environment, but also into the data space, engineering spaces, and across the corporate applications environment
- Using the security program requirements and the security vision and strategy as primary inputs, identify architectural gaps and opportunities to inform program scope.
- Develop and gain buy-in to a detailed future-state architecture that addresses security risks and strategic objectives.
- Break down the desired target architecture into achievable milestones
- Formulate a strategy for selecting vendor solutions, encompassing long-list compilation, assessment criteria establishment, weighting considerations, shortlist development, options analysis, and eventual recommendations.
- Work with the cross-program architects and Technology Risk Programs Integration Architect to identify overlaps between the programs and ensure that commons processes, frameworks, and templates are being followed.
- Several years experience and a strong understanding of security programs with a multi-framework approach and architecture principles
- At least 3 years working on the AWS platform designing native AWS solutions
- Experience in security remediation programs aligned to NIST CSF 800-53, CISv8, ASD Essential 8 and/or ISO27001,
- Experienced in AWS environments using in-built platform solutions such as CloudFront, CloudTrail, Guard Duty, IAM, Cognito, KMS, VPC Network and Security Data Lake,
- Understanding of information security issues, trends and leading practices, maintaining an in-depth holistic understanding of attack vectors, current threats, and remediation strategies,
- Experienced in identity and access management across corporate and cloud systems
- Understanding of enterprise network security architecture principles applied to hybrid cloud and multi-geographic regions
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Security, including security standards and frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with ability to present to senior stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of agile (SCRUM) software/product delivery and lean working
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a great contract where you will have access to market leading tools, expert colleagues and a modern working environment. This opportunity offers a competitive daily rate as well as other excellent benefits. If you are interested in this role, please press apply.