Position: 2nd Line IT Support Analyst
Salary: up to £37,800 per annum
About Us: Are you a skilled IT Support Analyst with a passion for providing top-notch customer service and technical expertise? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our fast-paced service desk and end-user computing team in the heart of the City. As a 2nd Line IT Support Analyst, you will play a vital role in ensuring our users receive timely and effective technical support for both hardware and software. If you have at least 4 years of IT support experience and are ready to take on this challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Serve as the initial point of contact for user queries, providing responsive technical support to both remote and onsite users.
- Handle a variety of hardware and software issues, including laptops, MFDs, telephony, and AV equipment in our meeting rooms.
- Log, assign, and resolve incidents, requests, and problems within agreed service level agreements.
- Offer 1st and 2nd line support via telephone, email, MS Teams, and face-to-face interactions.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults, escalating issues to relevant teams when necessary.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software applications.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of knowledge articles, department documentation, and procedures.
- Support IT Asset Management procedures to manage software and hardware assets efficiently.
- Previous experience in a service desk/desktop support role.
- Proven ability to support users both remotely and face-to-face.
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware, including workstations, laptops, and printers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Azure, Windows 10, and SCCM.
- Familiarity with ITSM/Helpdesk tools.
- Knowledge of networking technologies (both wired and wireless) would be advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving and fault-finding skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Hybrid working pattern (40% in the office).
- 26 days of annual leave (excluding 8 public holidays) with the option to buy or sell up to five days each year.
- Private medical and dental insurance.
- Generous company pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Cycle to Work scheme.