The main function of an accountant is to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. A typical accountant is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
* Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
* Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
* Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
* Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
* Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
* Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
* Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
* Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required. An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
* 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
The anticipated pay range for this role is 35-$40.22/hr.. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there may be flexibility on final job title and responsibilities. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity etc.