This is a fully onsite position in San Rafael, CA. This position is a contract-to-hire role. Our client's position will include performing and interpreting scientific experiments and applying scientific/technical expertise to address complex analytical issues.
- Experience developing and optimizing intermediate and drug product methods as well as supporting ongoing analysis for current portfolio.
- Independently review and interpret complex analytical methods in support of formulation screening activities and implement them in the lab in a timely manner.
- Independently documents the lab work in protocol, reports, and other required documentation.
- Experience with basic ICH regulations for method validation in support of early phase development work.
- Aware of industry best practices in analytical chemistry.
- Demonstrates some problem-solving and troubleshooting ability related to routine procedures.
- Ensures preparation and timely delivery of data in support of formulation and manufacturing projects.
- Understand and apply basic concepts of HPLC method development in support of early formulation work.
- Design experiments tailored at challenging formulation attributes critical to successful formulation strategies.
- Perform materials characterization using expertise in analytical characterization to inform physical, chemical, and performance attributes for a range of formulation compositions.
- Capable of running typical pharmaceutical analytical and materials science techniques for characterization (HPLC, GC, FT-IR, HPLC/UV, DSC, SEM, XRD).
- Efficient at interpreting results with a broader understanding of impact to formulation robustness.
Work Experience and Requirements
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with a focus on analytical chemistry and materials characterization.
- HPLC and wet chemistry experience required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Minimum BS/BA with a science or chemistry background
- Vision suitable for performing detailed inspections
- May be required to move items weighing up to 25 lb.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form
- General office setting.
- Pharmaceutical laboratory environment.