Application Owner -
The successful candidate will ensure that the application serves its intended purpose and delivers value to the business. By partnering with stakeholders, business owners, colleagues in Technology and vendors, Application Owners provide guidance on functionality, performance, dependability, cost, and user satisfaction to ensure the application delivers the intended technological capability. These partnerships are key to supporting the business in prioritising product backlogs and ensuring that technical and business decisions are made with confidence for business executives to deliver business outcomes. As a trusted partner to business executives, technologists, change professionals and vendors, the Application Owner will identify areas of improvement and develop improvement programs that encompass the service and overall health of the application.
A key part of this role will be to maintain a roadmap of change for their application(s); as such, manage a relationship with relevant third-party vendors to understand how their upcoming features/enhancements can unlock further business benefit or how we can request enhancements to achieve the same. Once a baseline position of an application roadmap is achieved you will act as a senior stakeholder on any projects implementing changes to their assigned application and being the primary contact for any vendor-led upgrades (as required, managing the activity to support this).
- Accountable for driving the change agenda for the application both in terms of upgrades/maintenance but also new features and functionality, all linked to business outcomes.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to become a trusted advisor and support in navigating the technology function.
- Ensuring the agreed change agenda is managed within tight deadlines and acting as the point of escalation.
- Constantly maintain a backlog of prioritised 'quick win/hot fix' features which can be delivered alongside the strategic roadmap.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day financial management for their application(s).
- Be the day-to-day contact for vendor relationships associated with their application(s) and be a key stakeholder as part of the associated service reviews.
- Responsible for live service i.e., ensuring Technology Operations proactively resolve service interruptions to ensure optimal service availability and that performance/capacity requirements are being met.
- Ensure management information/business intelligence is defined, developed, and delivered to prove the benefits associated with the application roadmap.
- Be responsible for regular internal communications of improvements made to the application(s) and schedule these with the rest of the Application Owner Team to provide continuous dialogue from Application Management to the Technology Department and other business areas including but not limited to Yammer communities, management pack updates, videos, demonstrations.
- Stay up to date with enhancements to platforms and industry trends, ensuring their application(s) remain ahead of the competition via their roadmap of change.
- Financial Services experience with knowledge of the main products, services provided in these markets as well as the terminology used
- a background mainly in technology and business change,
- experience of working with stakeholders at every level across the organisation
- ability to articulate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business needs.
- good organisational skills, with attention to detail
- excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; executives, project teams, managers and subject matter experts
- commercial awareness
- time and resource management
- excellent stakeholder management