About the role
As a Test Lead you will be responsible for:
* defining acceptance criteria, writing test cases, analysing and executing test cases, raising defects, attending witness testing.
* Maintaining communicate with Test Manager. Raise defects identified by the client.
* Attend Defect Triage meetings.
* Writing System Testing reports.:
* Analysing writing acceptance criteria including test scenarios written using Gherkin syntax in conjunction with client and our consulting team
* Analysing new complex software features and building appropriate manual / automated tests, including but not limited to end to end Cypress tests, load and performance tests, Web API integration tests, security tests, non-functional requirement tests
* Supporting consultants/clients during the development and testing phase
* Reviewing unit tests implemented by the team and implementing unit testing improvements
* Building useful tools and frameworks to aid continuous development and continuous delivery
* Debugging bugs identified internally or by the external customer to identify the root cause and use it to improve the test coverage
* Working with software engineers, testers, actuaries and the product owner to identify the scope for automated testing
* Preparing documentation of the testing coverage and testing gaps
The firm now has over 80 people bringing deep insurance knowledge, actuarial science, and software development skills to a growing client base. At Aon Tyche, we provide real career development, high quality work, inspiring project teams and excellent reward and recognition programmes.
We are open to applications from candidates who require flexible working patterns.
Inclusion and Diversity
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want every member of our team to feel welcome, valued and confident they'll achieve their career objectives here.
Essential skills and experience:
* 5+ years' experience of testing for n-tier Web solutions based on modern frameworks, preferably Angular
* 3+ years' experience of testing automation using BDD with Cypress, Angular 2+, TypeScript and Cucumber (Gherkin)
* User acceptance testing of interface and usability
* Load and stress testing
* Solid understanding of the software development concepts, including best practices and software design patterns
* Git with GitFlow
* Working in teams using Agile delivery methodology, regularly collaborating with other members of the team in a wider waterfall delivery framework
Good to have technical skills:
* Experience using C#, .NET Core and Web API 2+
* Configuring Azure Pipelines (CI/CD) to automate the execution of automated tests
* Automating tests for Web systems using Angular with TypeScript, .NET and Microsoft SQL databases
* Using JMeter and Blazemeter (or similar) to implement and execute load and performance tests
* Using cloud hosting providers like Azure or AWS to support automated testing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiastic, confident self-starter and very highly motivated to deliver
* Out-of-the-box thinker with good attention to detail