Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual to join their R&D team. The Assistant Scientist will first and foremost be a people-person, with the necessary scientific background to assist the senior Scientist with conducting scientific studies in the cutting edge gene-engineered T cell therapy.
The candidate will be working closely with our KIR-CAR translational science team in managing daily operations in the laboratory and assisting preclinical studies and ensuring Quality and Data Integrity are preserved in preparation for IND application and transition to first-in-human clinical trials.
This role will also be fluent in communicating with our internal or external scientific collaborators. The candidate will report directly to the Senior Director of Translational Science and assist R&D senior scientists, by preparing raw materials, executing experiments, acquiring data, and analyzing data for IND-enabling studies and other translational studies. This individual will help manage daily operations in the laboratory and contribute to science studies across R&D functions including preclinical and translational research when needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- General scientific knowledge and laboratory skills. Hands-on lab work in a flexible, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of Working experience in molecular cloning, cell culture is preferred.
- Experience in problem solving ability and ability to apply risk-based critical thinking in technical environment.
- Ability to collaborate across R&D teams and good interpersonal skills.
- Technical communication skills in a written and presentation format are essential.
- Ability to prioritize, independently manage and complete deliverables within given timelines.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail with high quality output.
- Assist conducting experiments in support of translational research projects that could help developing an IND package for Phase I studies.
- Appropriately document research findings in lab notebooks.
- Takes responsibility for laboratory efficiency, compliance and cleanliness
Preferred Experience & Abilities:
- Prior industry experience with adoptive cell therapies is preferred.
- Working experience in molecular biology, cell culture is a must.
- Prior experience with working in a team setting.
- Well organized and has good experience in documenting protocols and data generated from them in an industry setting.
- Is willing to take other duties as assigned.
- B.A/B.S in molecular biology, cell biology or related field with at least 1-2 year research experience.