- Assist with GIS, data, and mapping for the Engineering, and Surveying departments while supporting both internal and external project teams.
- Assist in producing technical specifications, project approach, cost estimates and schedules.
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks.
- Utilize various software packages and information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables.
- Assist with digital feature extraction from multiple data sources.
- Assist in the projections and transformations for project deliverables.
- Assist GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved work methods.
- Assist in the creation and updating existing and new GIS maps and map layers and GPS data edition/representation using ArcGIS in support of field surveys.
- Assist with GPS data collection and post-processing for high accuracy data specifications.
- Assist with GIS metadata creation.
- Assist with the design extensions/add-ins for GIS applications such as ESRI ArcGIS Explorer for in-house use.
- Two year or Bachelor's degree in GIS mapping or a related field.
- 1 to 3 years professional experience.
- Prior internship or related experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand technical information and communicate that within a disparate Program team.
- Ability to manage priorities and schedules.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver's license required.