We are actively working with one of our main multinational biopharmaceutical clients that is recruiting for an Automation Engineer in Bern, Switzerland. This is a hybrid, permanent role.
- Supervision of the automation systems in the production area and the operating infrastructure
- In conjunction with the project engineering, create and adhere to project budgets and schedule and monitor the project for compliance with budget
- Providing technical customer service and project lead for automation engineering projects for capital projects focusing, process optimization, risk mitigation, and compliance improvements
- Preparing engineering calculations and analysis related to process control design and equipment selections
- Oversight and coordination of automation and controls activities that include design, specification creation, procurement, construction/installation oversight, system troubleshooting and repairs, and operation of facility systems
- Providing technical direction and leadership on a project basis for Engineers, and Technicians
- Perform work in accordance with internal SOP's and good engineering practices, and ensure compliance with regulations such as GAMP, CGMP, and applicable local and federal codes
- Bachelor or Master-Degree in Automation Engineering or related discipline
- 5 or more years of experience in an industrial controls setting
- Expert knowledge of automation principles and concepts such as GAMP, 21 CFR11 requirements, data integrity concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact and collaborate with internal and external team members
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Basic programming and troubleshooting experience
- Preferably multilingual - at least German and English, written and spoken
If interested, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your number and your availability to discuss this. Alternatively, if you know someone else who may be interested, please send their details.