Automation Test Engineer
£550-£600 p/d Inside
4 month contract
As an Automation Test Engineer, you will work within a predominantly Agile/Scrum environment to contribute to the delivery of high-quality systems and products. Working as part of the wider team, you will analyse, plan and co-ordinate testing activities, using a range of techniques to meet deliverables.
With an emphasis on high quality, the purpose of the role is to design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions. As an experienced Tester, you will apply appropriate automation technologies to meet short, medium and long-term business objectives, whilst being an advocate for driving automated testing efforts across the team.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Performing automation testing at both UI as well as API level.
2. Defining the scope of testing and its phases within the context of each new feature or release in Agile Methodology.
3. Keep track of the new requirements/change in requirements per release
4. Designing and developing test automation scripts by using test automation guidelines
6. Solid knowledge of both functional and automation testing covering UI and API(middleware systems)
7. An awareness of the security risks posed using some software engineering patterns
8. Running and testing features both in production and non-production environment using both manual and automation test techniques
9. Working knowledge with test management tools like Jira, XRAY & Confluence to raise defects, plan tests, write documentation and follow agile process.
10. Knowledge on working with continuous integration (CI/CD) of automation tests with tools like Gitlab and Jenkins.
11. Experience on Non-Functional Testing (NFT) like Load and Performance testing using tools like Postman, SOAPUI and JMeter
12. Excellent analytical and software testing skills