What you'll do:
* Develop excellent quality automation software in Java Script
Create and modify CI (Jenkins or Concourse) pipelines to run the automation tests
* Collaborate with the development team to help produce stable, scalable and efficient tests
* Follow software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal standards and industry best-practices.
* Ensure that development and testing activities adhere to these guidelines to deliver high quality, tested, maintainable, clean code
* Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you'll be responsible for ensuring the technical quality of the application. This will include code reviewing, tackling technical debt, as well as architecting solutions for CI
* Writing and maintaining existing unit and UI tests is also a given using both TDD and BDD principles
* Promotes a team ethos across organisation boundaries, creating working relationships across teams within the organisation
What you'll bring:
* Understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of the language and which design patterns do/do not work well.
* Write idiomatic and clean code
* Assess where tests and tools may not be appropriate, identify and help implement suitable alternatives
* Identify where automation tests would be better served with stubbed integrations in order to improve reliability and speed, whilst assessing and communicating risk, cost and benefit
* Good knowledge of 3rd party tools - what to use and why. Evaluate "up and coming" frameworks and tools for fit.
* Familiarity with source control systems such as Git and GitHub
* Ability to write both client code (i.e. tests) and web services in Node.js
* Recent experience in writing feature tests using WebDriver JS and Cucumber JS
* Good understanding of React.js
* Experience working with CI/CD in an agile team (Jenkins, Concourse)
* Proven ability to refactor and write performant, secure and clean code
* A self-motivated Engineer with expert knowledge of Java Script/Type Script
* Hands on, demonstrable experience of designing solutions for feature requirements in the Agile Scrum teams and translating these into high quality, performant and secure code
* An excellent communicator, having worked collaboratively in and across teams of various sizes
* Hands-on experience managing Jenkins or other CI servers
* Generic Linux, Mac and Windows system administration skills mainly for configuring users, tools, apps and services.
* Setting up gaming consoles, Smart TVs and other non-standard development or testing devices
* Creating test pipelines to run tests on devices as well as emulators/simulators