Backup & Storage Consultant
6 month contract
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies including AWS and Azure.
- Design/implementation of Cloud Backup solutions (AWS, Cloud NBU, NetBackup CloudCatalyst)
- Design, administration and ownership of Backup platforms in large enterprise NetBackup 8.2 / 8.3 environments securing petabytes of data for short and long term retention across multiple data centre locations and thousands of backup clients.
- Exceptional skills with NetBackup GUI and command line utilities for administration, reporting.
- Excellent skills in backup of virtualised workloads with demonstrable experience and solution approaches
- Extensive experience with Storage Lifecycle Policies, AIR, OST, Cloud, Tape/VTL, Certificates, and Opscenter.
- Extensive experience with NetBackup database agents -Specifically MSSQL, Exchange, and Sybase
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the various backup and recovery managers/utilities used by databases.
- Extensive experience with the design and administration of EMC Data Domain solutions using GUI and CLI
- Excellent UNIX skills, specifically RHEL - the ability to administer the day-to-day operations of a UNIX platform running an enterprise NetBackup domain.
- Excellent scripting skills, Python, Perl, or shell - the ability to automate and script reporting, alerting and monitoring tasks.
- Experience and knowledge of SAN, NAS, and Object store platforms (VMAX, XIO, Brocade, NetApp, Isilon, ECS)
- Proven track record of Engineering, building, implementation and supporting complex backup solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility along with the ability to work under extreme pressure.