Role: Business Analyst
Salary: Up to £65,000 p/a + great benefits
Location: Burton Upon Trent
Our mass retail client is looking for a Business Analyst to work on a their digital transformation program. The client is looking for an experienced business analyst that has vast experience working in the retail sector with great communication and business solutions skills. This role would be hybrid working from their Burton Upon Trent based office twice a week and remote working for the remaining three days. This transformation programme has a timescale of 3-5 years with various business change and development projects to face.
The Business Analyst (BA) sits in the Transformation department and works primarily on digital initiatives delivered by Agile delivery workstreams or project teams. Occasionally, Retail, cross-channel or corporate initiatives may also require this role's expertise. The BA is a highly proficient, customer facing professional who possesses a solid combination of business analysis and stakeholder management skills. The role takes ownership for the accurate capture of requirements and business processes and converting them into simple and clear discrete requirements to feed solution development teams.
You will work collaboratively alongside other teams specifically Project Managers, Product Managers, Delivery, Architecture, Software Engineering, and QA & Testing teams.
- Analysis of business and operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking and describing effective business solutions.
- Assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives (internal and external), and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems and identifies options for consideration.
- Work within cross-skilled Agile delivery workstreams to ensure requirements are ready, Acceptance Criteria defined, and best practices are being followed.
- Work alongside Product Managers to prepare Sprint backlogs and document detailed user stories (including NFRs).
- Support Product Management by helping them to make informed prioritisation decisions based on feasibility.
- Oversee the development and implementation of solutions to ensure they meet requirements.
- Provide support to Testing teams when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have experience in projects and programmes as well as the right balance of organisational and interpersonal skills.
More specifically you will have:
- Working in customer-facing roles, providing consultancy and analysis services on a broad range of initiatives.
- Proven background in working within a BA role within Sprint teams for Agile software delivery.
- Experienced in working on major projects or programme deliveries that led to organisational wide business change.
A strong ability to manage your workload, adjust to multiple demands and changing priorities, be able to plan and prioritise work and manage expectations.
Technical/Professional Expertise Required
- Strong and experienced analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Good high-level understanding of software/application architecture.
- Technically astute and experienced in capturing non-functional requirements specifically security, performance, accessibility, and data privacy needs.
- Well organised and good prioritisation skills.
Please apply with your CV directly and if suitable for the position, I will get in touch!