We are seeking a skilled and highly motivated Research Associate to support our clients Cell Culture Core. Primary responsibilities include the onboarding, maintenance, expansion, and banking of mammalian cell lines. This opportunity is offered on an initial contract 12 month basis, with potential to extend/convert to FTE. As a w2 contract worker you are eligible to a benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k vehicle and more. This is an onsite opportunity based in South San Francisco, CA.
Pay Rate: $40-50/hr ($80-100K). The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, etc.
- Undertake daily cell culture tasks including feeding, expansion, and cryopreservation
- Perform quantitative characterization of new cell banks
- Interact with researchers to determine material requirements for assay requests
- Perform daily operational checks, calibrations, and routine maintenance as required
- BS degree and 1-3 years of experience working with mammalian tissue culture, or AS degree and 3-5 years of experience
- Prior work experience with culturing immortalized mammalian cells in both suspension and adherent formats
- Excellent aseptic technique
- Preferred Skills:
- Familiarity with laboratory automation systems (liquid handlers, plate readers)
- Experience with primary cell culture, iPSCs, or directed differentiation is a big plus
- Competence with R, python, or similar programming language for data analysis
Please apply with an up to date copy of your resume to be considered.