We are looking for a scientist in material science, polymer chemistry, or organic chemistry with expertise in medical device materials to join a leading Medical Device company in Irvine, CA.
This role will support the Quality Lab, specifically helping to streamline how certain medical device materials are evaluated in new/modified products, as part of an overall risk-based approach. The candidate will apply their expertise in materials chemistry to provide solutions for complex problems and contribute to improvements in process efficiency.
* Knowledge of common medical device materials, including types of polymer additives, compounded formulations, and metal alloys.
* Knowledge of common medical device manufacturing techniques (e.g. extrusion, injection molding, machining), as well as cleaning and sterilization processes.
* Experience in reviewing materials documentation, including but not limited to SDS, CoA/CoC, technical drawings, technical data sheets, and analytical test reports.
* Knowledge of common laboratory chemical analysis techniques (e.g., GCMS, LCMS, ICP, FTIR, XRD/XPS/EDS, SEM, etc), and ability to interpret test methods and generated data.
* Expertise in MS Office and citation management software (e.g. EndNote). Expertise interfacing with database systems (e.g., Access, SQL) is a plus but not required.
* Knowledge of biocompatibility (ISO 10993) or USP Class VI testing is a plus.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 2-4 years of experience required, or Master's Degree in indicated field with 1-2 years of experience required, or PhD in indicated field with 0-1 year of experience required.
Pay Rate: $55 hrly
Contract: 9+ months