The Construction Manager supports and oversees day-to-day operations from pre-construction through project completion and warranty periods. The Construction Manager is responsible for managing the construction project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff and other duties required to execute the PNM projects.
- Adhere to company's safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day construction activities and the successful execution of a single or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide direction and participate in project planning, scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project objectives.
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Participate in risk review process.
- Implement assigned sections of the Project Execution Plan, including construction execution, construction quality assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organization chart, and procurement plan.
- Develop construction staffing plans and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements.
- Oversee the development of the project plan for site layout, mobilization and demobilization and support implementation.
- Verify all applicable project permits are secured in accordance with the project requirements.
- Direct and oversee the downstream request for proposal (RFP) and bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for subcontractor and client contractor contracts, including bidder development, prequalification, evaluation, award recommendation, and selection.
- Review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to Project Manager, Program Manager as well as internal and external executive management as required.
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish the development and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule and requirements.
- Oversee Prime Contract, subcontractor, and client contractor invoicing process.
- Coordinate and facilitate client, supplier and company commissioning and startup teams as needed.
- Implement, audit, and oversee project documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, is a plus. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
A minimum of 20 years relevant project management experience in the construction industry.
Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of commercial, energy, manufacturing, oil & gas, process, transportation, transmission & distribution, or water is preferred.
Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.