Our start-up biotech client is looking to bring on a Controller to join their fast-paced team. This person will be responsible for all accounting responsibilities and assisting with financial planning & analysis.
· Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures and ensure the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of internal financial reporting to management.
· Manage the payroll process including stock-based compensation and the employee stock purchase plan ensuring accurate and timely payment.
· Partner closely with third parties to manage annual audits, third party valuations, filings, taxes, and other corporate accounting activities.
· Manage accounts payable including vendor management, preparation of cash disbursements, 1099 reporting and other items as needed.
· Prepare and manage forecasting / annual budgeting requirements for functions; maintain and prepare financial models.
· Perform other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management including special projects/ad hoc financial analyses.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance required
· CPA required
· 10+ years of experience in finance/accounting in pharma of biotech
· Experience with procurement cycle and management of procurement system
· Startup minded: high energy, low maintenance, self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, preference towards hybrid candidates but also open to remote applicants