Cost Estimation Engineer
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Cost Estimate Engineer you report to Head of Global PMO and functionally to the Project Manager in charge.
- You estimate engineering, equipment and construction costs in early project phases to substantiate the business case.
- In this role collect and analyze data and information in different project development phases and determine the appropriate estimation methodologies (e.g. based on databases, sector know-how and other benchmarks).
- You ensure that all estimation relevant assumptions / clarifications (including e.g. change orders, supplier quotes, risks) are properly documented and the estimation checklist is worked off.
- Furthermore, you support the project team by identifying cost-decisive issues and cost-reduction opportunities (Value Engineering).
- Estimating project budgets with increasing accuracy over project development and prepare expenditure report to share with the project team and stakeholder is part of your key tasks.
- In addition, you contribute to cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures, monitor trends, and train others in the business.
- Master's degree (e.g. MBA, MSc. M.Eng.) or Diploma degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics, or related fields
- Several years of professional working experience in large CAPEX projects
- Significant cost estimate expertise in the pharmaceutical field with profound knowledge of industry processes, construction costs and estimation approaches
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and specialized computer programs to handle large databases
- Emphatic communication, strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
- Flexible schedule and the willingness to travel and relocate