Data Analyst (must have experience in big data environments)
£550-£600 p/d Inside
As an Analyst in Global OTT Data, you will act as a bridge between the technology and the business teams in collecting requirements and user stories, analysing them and then working with the relevant technology teams to ensure the desired business outcome is achieved. If you enjoy working with large amount of data, unleashing business value through the use of data and technology, working collaboratively as part of a winning team and have a good grasp of information technology, this role is for you.
- Take E2E ownership of technical analysis process for incoming work items in the Global OTT Data Platform roadmap.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and design authority forums, as required, to collect and document information on new work.
- Analyse and document process diagrams, functional, non-functional & regulatory requirements, performing system fit/gap analysis, and provide input for technical design specifications.
- Facilitate workshops with Architects, Product Owners, Product Managers and Engineers to ensure common understanding of the business requirement.
- Understand incoming data quality, document business DQ rules and identify common patterns/join keys across different data
- Lead data analysis, profiling, and modelling exercise for different data sources.
- Work closely with architecture team to ensure fit-for-purpose data models, ensuring data security and quality on an ongoing
- Build configuration-based data pipelines to ingest and expose data in raw or staged format for ad-hoc analysis.
- Be the main point of contact for understanding data from various channels within the community
- Be highly available for ad-hoc questions/queries and support development teams during development cycle
- Previous Analyst experience in BI or big data environments.
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of system & data architecture and end-to-end flows across multiple systems
- Good knowledge of different data analysis/wrangler tools like SQL, Trifacta, Alteryx etc.
- Experience working in large, complex technical delivery environment
- Confidence dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills - articulate and concise, both in writing and verbally
- Excellent understanding of data lifecycle.
- Experience of working with Github or any other source control repositories.
- Experience of working on any one Big Data technology stack in the past like Hadoop, Hive, BQ etc.
- Strong ability to document complex rules, logic & transformations
- Some working experience of any established cloud data analytics technology stack (desirable)
- Good understanding of data security, protection, and policies
- A Bias for getting the job done
- Self-starter who can achieve the goals with minimal supervision.
- You recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- A sense of ownership and responsibility
- Take pride and ownership in your work