Hydrogen Group large banking organisations are looking to hire several data and analytics analysts to join an expanding team within their commercial banking proposition. All the roles are permanent. The bank works a hybrid model of working practise with 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
The office is based in Edinburgh.
As a Data & Analytics Analyst, you'll be using advanced analytics to develop business solutions which increase the understanding of the business, including its customers, processes, channels and products.
You'll be working closely with business stakeholders to define detailed business questions, problems or opportunities which can be supported through advanced analytics, making sure that new and existing processes are designed to be efficient, simple and automated where possible.
As well as this, you'll be:
- Working in an Agile way within multi-disciplinary data and analytics teams, co-ordinating resources from across the team and the business to achieve agreed project and scrum outcomes
- Delivering data and analytics expertise and solutions, which brings commercial and customer value to business challenges
- Communicating data and analytics opportunities and bringing them to life in a way that business stakeholders can understand and engage with, supporting them to select the best approach for the business needs
- Using new tools, technologies and methodologies to carry out advanced analytics
- Sharing relevant updates with key stakeholders bringing together advanced analytics, data science and data engineering work that is easily understandable and links back clearly to our business needs
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a passion for data and analytics together with knowledge of data architecture, key tooling and relevant coding languages. Along with proficiency in advanced analytics, you'll bring an ability to simplify data into clear data visualisations and compelling insight using appropriate systems and tooling.
There would be an expectation to have knowledge in some of the below -
- Any sort of BI/Visualisation tooling (Tableau, Qlik, SAS VA etc)
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of data management principles
- Experience of translating data and insights for key stakeholders
- Knowledge of data engineering, data science and decisioning disciplines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders