Data Governance Executive Officer
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO BE BASED IN SYDNEY AND HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS
Salary: $140k - $150k + super
Location: Sydney (flexible working options available - must be Sydney based)
Our client is currently leading a national project to improve their data management and data governance capability.
The position has two primary purposes:
- Establishment of a Data Governance Office / function:
Establishing a DGO and establishing a broader, national NDGO supporting the Chair, National Data Governance Committee, and its objectives.
- Managing and leading the efficient and effective operation of the Data Governance Office functions to ensure the Data Governance framework is being executed effectively. This includes development and updating of data governance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and related documentation.
- Establish and manage the Data Issue Management process / system and assist data users to use it effectively
- Manage the Data Sharing Agreement Register
- Manage the Data Holdings Register
- Collect and report on approved data metrics
- Consult with the CDO, Data Stewards and Data Architects
- Prepare Issue Reporting and Data Governance Committee documentation, reviewing for accuracy and completeness prior to circulation
- Secretariat for the CDO and forums such as Data Governance Committee Data Stewards' Forum, National DGC, including:
- Develop and agree agenda
- Coordinate preparation of information and documents
- Circulate documents and arrange data governance committee meetings
- Record and circulate actions and minutes at Data Governance Committee meetings
- Understand and maintain effective working relationships with all organisational divisions
- Lead and manage the lifecycle of data definitions and data management standards across the organisation at an operational level
- Lead the data stewardship, curation, and owner roles across the organisation.
- Propose, develop, and drive data-related initiatives to uplift data capabilities.
- A strategic orientation. i.e., the ability to see multiple perspectives or conceptualise i.e. the organisation and its environment, its capabilities, vision, etc.
- Ability to operate independently and with teams.
- Track record of designing, implementing, undertaking and improving operational processes
- An eye for detail
- Thoroughness in execution and finishing tasks with minimal supervision
- Sound organisational skills, with the ability to stocktake and curate important knowledge and information on skills relating to data management
- An understanding of issues management processes
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in data management techniques.
- Excellent internal and external customer relationship management skills
- Relevant tertiary degree qualification in business administration, data, or engineering disciplines and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Formal training and certification in data management methodologies and standards. E.g. Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).
- Experience in improving data quality
- Working knowledge of the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK).
- Advanced level computer skills, including Microsoft SharePoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with establishing and developing a new organisational function.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, program and project management
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable.