The role will sit within our Identity engineering team whose primary focus is building authentication capabilities for our business.
Our applications require high availability and low latency and we handle in upwards of 5K RPS during busy periods and considerably more during key trading events.
The successful candidate will join a high performing agile team whose responsibility is to maintain our platform and is currently undertaking a project to migrate it into Microsoft Azure.
Having experience in platform migrations and building and maintaining scalable Kafka and Cassandra clusters, you will be a key contributor to the success of this project.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of something from the very beginning, then this could be what you are looking for!
- Designing, building, and maintaining a scalable, highly available production Kafka cluster in Azure.
- Designing, building, and maintaining a scalable, highly available production Cassandra cluster in Azure.
- Architecting data and system migrations.
- Documentation of infrastructure and solutions.
- Ensuring all infrastructure is compliant with security policies.
- Coaching and training other engineers in key technologies and DevOps best practices.
- Develop and implement policies for administration of cloud infrastructure.
- Developing efficiencies and improvements in performance, monitoring, backup/restore, cloud costs and disaster recovery.
- Performing maintenance on Identity platform cloud infrastructure.
- Providing support and incident handling.
- Communicating and coordinating with service providers e.g. Microsoft.
- Working knowledge of Azure.
- Apache Kafka.
- Apache Cassandra.
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform is an advantage.
- Scripting in a Linux environment.
- Networking and cloud security.
- CI/CD software delivery workflows in Azure.
- Kubernetes and Docker would be an advantage.
- Experience with the Confluent platform would be an advantage.
up to £800 p/d InsideIR35
Remote / London / Welwyn