As Director, Government Affairs and Policy, you will shape the policy environment in Germany and play a lead role in driving this transformation.
As a member of the German Commercial Leadership Team, you will provide leadership, strategic and tactical support to the German affiliate and closely collaborate with regional and global teams across multiple functions to ensure alignment in our engagement with policymakers.
For candidates with expertise and a proven track record in Government and Policy Affairs, this role provides a real opportunity to shape a vision in the German market, by generating political will and developing a comprehensive policy framework that will advance healthcare for the people of Germany. If you believe you are this transformative leader described above, we are keen to receive you application.
- Contribute to the awareness and access to relevant information in the therapy area
- Drive strategy and execution for policy shaping
- Identify and work successfully with external government and policy stakeholders to define this new vision, build sustainable political interest and accomplish the needed policy framework
- Defining the future of pandemic preparedness and help set-up an agenda for this
- Define the relevant policy needs for the future pipeline
- Partner with the General Manager and represent the company externally in relevant policy discussions.
- Intensely collaborate with all relevant members of the team in market access, medical, communications, marketing, and other European and global policy colleagues
- Monitor fiscal, economic, and sociopolitical trends, gather deep insights and co-create evidence, argumentation, and engagement tools to enable the company to meaningfully contribute to public policy dialogues
- Degree in Health Policy, Political Science, Law, or other relevant areas of specialization
- A strong public policy and legislative background of at least 10 years, with validated experience in engaging external stakeholders and policy leaders
- Demonstrated excellence in ideation, crafting and advancing clear policy positions in response to complex and nuanced challenges and to shape new areas of healthcare, particularly in vaccines & infectious diseases
- Experience in government, health care systems, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated ability to identify policy trends affecting the health sector, the innovative biopharmaceutical industry and influencing vaccines policy
- Proven leadership in orchestrating cross-functional collaboration to achieve ambitious policy objectives
- Strategic thinking
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Ability to challenge convention
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internal and external audiences
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment and managing third party vendors
- A desire to make an impact