Looking for a Director/Head of Investor Relations in the Bay Area! Open to relocation candidates (with a relo package offered) but this person will need to be in the Bay and onsite 3x per week. This role offers competitive pay and the opportunity to work with a team full of driven, passionate, and growth-minded people and leaders.
You would be the ideal candidate if you have:
- 7 years experience in investor relations or finance within a venture capital firm, preferably in life sciences or healthcare. Experience working at a Registered Investment Advisor a plus.
A Bachelor's degree with emphasis in communications, business, and/or finance preferred. MBA with emphasis in finance is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership and investment community
- Knowledge of capital markets
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint and Word
What you will be doing for our growing client:
· Develop and manage a strategic investor relations plan to regularly engage with existing and prospective limited partners and proactively create a pipeline of interest for future fundraises.
· Manage the fundraising process from start to finish (from preparing the data room to facilitating due diligence meetings and responding to diligence requests) to ensure a smooth and timely close.
· Serve as the firm's primary contact for all limited partners. Be responsive to their needs and provide top-notch customer service.
· Provide strategic oversight and logistics support for events, such as the mid-year update, annual meeting, and LP advisory board meetings.
· Spearhead communications, marketing, and PR activities (including quarterly reports, website updates, year-end newsletters, and press releases) to keep limited partners and industry contacts informed of relevant developments.