**Contract to Hire**
Flex on Pay
Vax and Boost Requirement
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director/Director, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) will be responsible for providing management, oversight, and direction of the Environmental, Health, and Safety/Security programs. Ensures environmental, health, and safety compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory EHS requirements, our policies, global standards, and procedures. Supports Corporate EHS Strategy and Objectives, contributes to development and implementation of global EHS programs and promotes local alignment with same. Creates and fosters a culture of EHS excellence across the Site and provides high-quality EHS technical and strategic leadership. As a key member of the site leadership team, provides advice and council, and communicates critical EHS issues to site and corporate management. Develops and manages field and site EHS professionals.
* Ensure compliance in areas of environmental, safety, health and security through risk assessments, self-audits and investigations
* Assist in the development of controls to reduce or eliminate hazards found within the workplace
* Responsible to keep current with all new and pending EHS regulations that might have an impact upon the business
* Provide information and guidance to the management team on safety and environmental issues as they affect current and proposed processes, equipment and procedures including the review of all new projects
* Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient operation of the unit and to ensure regulatory compliance
* Maintain all records and reports as defined by regulatory agencies and corporate guidelines
* Review and assess all new chemicals, pharmaceutical ingredients, and other materials being brought into the site and provide industrial hygiene monitoring as needed to assure exposure levels are minimized
* Direct and maintain an effective site security program.
* Develop and Manage the Emergency Response Plan and Business Continuity Plan
* Communicate effectively with all levels of management, directing operations personnel and project teams, as appropriate.
* Serves as local expert in safety, health, environmental regulatory issues and directs compliance activities on these matters. Serves as a site leader in working with regulatory agencies and keeping local management & GEHS apprised of developments
* Develops permitting and compliance strategies and negotiates for facility with regulatory agencies
* University or Bachelor's degree in environmental, safety, chemical engineering or other related discipline (chemistry, physical sciences, biology, and toxicology) is required. (Other 4 year degree health/sciences with significant equivalent work experience in EHS field may suffice.) Graduate degree preferred
* Minimum 10 years' experience in safety and/or environmental/ engineering related positions, including knowledge of chemical, pharmaceutical, and/or environmental processes is desired
* Professional certification in related discipline (i.e CSP, CIH, CHMM, or CHCM) is preferred
* Advanced degree in EHS management a plus
* Experience with pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing a plus
Edit Job Description