Come join an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and or manages several concurrent projects, assignments, and activities in consultation with more experienced designers.
- Responsible for preparing cost responsibilities in compliance with company policies, including business accounting controls, and governmental rules and regulations.
- With appropriate guidance, develops strategies to meet customer construction schedules from conception to completion to install distribution energy systems and services.
- Possesses and communicates specialized knowledge relevant to creation of electric and gas distribution work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree Undergraduate degree/ 4 years formal, post secondary education or equivalent training and/or experience required. Required
- Degree and study in an area related to the work as a planner/project manager, Preferred
- 2 years - experience in a role with comparable responsibilities, activities and tasks/duties requiring substantially the same levels of functional knowledge or skills to perform Required
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with the interpretation and application of engineering principals, Overhead, Underground and Gas Standards, Design Manuals, Service Planning Manuals, Service Guides and CPUC Rules, preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Geographical Information Systems, required.
- Proficiency in O-Calc Pro, SAP, DPSS, CISCO, word processing, spreadsheets and Outlook, preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Project or construction management certification or equivalent, preferred. Preferred
- Requires a valid State of California Driver License. Required to operate company or personal vehicles to attend business meetings, field investigations or support C&O Centers with storm restoration related activities.