POSITION / JOB SUMMARY:
The Engineering Project Manager (EPM) will evaluate, investigate, plan, manage and lead projects to onboard new contract customers (contract manufacturing) for the Company and manage other projects as assigned. The EPM will manage the execution of the applicable processes, like Customer Change Request and Request for Quote, to deliver projects on-time and within established budget. The EPM must demonstrate clear project leadership, driving results from a multi-function team from opportunity through commercialization. The EPM must demonstrate excellent relationship skills, including customer-facing interactions.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
· Manages the integration of new products (from existing customers) or new customers into the contract manufacturing organization.
· Supports outside sales, including the VP of Engineering & Technical Sales, and VP of Business Development, to qualify, estimate, develop quotations and perform any other tasks to acquire and onboard new products (from existing customers) or new customers
· Works with Customer Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance and Quality to develop solutions for the onboarding of new customer products and processes
· Assists with the development or acquisition of new technology to support sales strategies to attract new customers
· Responsible for new product, customer analysis, the customer onboarding process, and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Travel to other locations or customer sites expected to be minimal.
· Performs project management, planning, creating and executing Project Plans utilizing Gantt timelines, financial statements, project management processes & templates and reporting, as required
· Continuously improves and/or establishes project management processes and systems.
· Schedules and conducts cross functional project team meetings
· Coordinates and manages cross-functional teams to fulfill project plans
· Delivers results as measured by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including on-time and under-budget delivery of projects
· Assists in the development of strategy and tactics
Customer Change Requests
· Responsible for and continuously improves Customer Change Requests (CCR) process
· Works with Customer Accounts to receive customer change requests
· Defines CCR scope, schedule, and budget
· Provides statement of work (SOW), timeline, and pricing for CCR
· Manages CCR through completion ensuring adherence to SOW, timeline, and pricing
· Notifies Customer Accounts to invoice completed CCR
· Tracks CCR process completion and revenue impacts.
· Engineering Degree preferred (or equivalent relevant industry experience).
· 6+ years' experience in a Medical Device company required, preferably a contract manufacturer
· 6+ years' experience in Project Management required; preferably certified in Project Management (PMP, Project Management Professional).
· Extensive background with medical device validation and packaging for terminally sterilized products.
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, and with SolidWorks design application software.
· Strong analytical and technical skills.
· Sound business judgment.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Strong strategic/visionary skills - can clearly articulate their vision for the project.
· Team player.
· Energetic, self-motivated and can work independently.
· Preferred familiarity with Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)