The Staff Environmental Scientist will assist in overseeing and conducting environmental assessments, supporting environmental compliance efforts, preparing permitting applications and analyzing environmental data for various types of projects, including power generation and electrical transmission construction activities, oil & gas activities, renewable projects, industrial sites and water treatment facilities.
- Strong regulatory and technical understanding of construction compliance, facility and corporate-level environmental permitting and compliance auditing including:
- EHS multi-media compliance auditing
- Develop and review Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans
- Develop and Review Facility Response Plans (FRP)
- Develop, review and inspection of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) Operational and Construction
- Hazardous waste management, (RCRA)
- Federal and State EPCRA reporting and facility-level training
- Understanding of environmental and non-environmental permitting for construction projects
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Water Quality, Geology, Biology, Soil Science, Environmental Engineering or a related natural science degree from an accredited program required.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the environmental consulting field.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written technical information.
- Working knowledge of environmental site assessment methods.
- Working knowledge of environmental compliance and compliance audits
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS.
- Valid driver's license required.