Job Title: Global Financial Controls Project Manager
Rate: £700 per day via umbrella
Contract Duration: 12 - 18 month initially
Location: Fully remote with occasional travel required into office
We are looking for a controls and auditing specialist to join the UK SOX programme for a period of 12-18 months to support us to build our in-house controls testing capability for the future UK SOX requirement. This will see you working closely with our shared service centre to coach individuals, develop standard ways of working, tools and templates to ensure high testing quality.
1. Providing coaching - The majority of our controls testing is performed in Bengaluru, India, by our shared service centre. A key part of this role will be working with team of approximately 6 people to upskill them from the current controls testing they perform to a UK SOX standard. - Review some of the testing performed and provide comments on testing quality and approach. - Support the team in assessing control deficiencies consistently. - Work with the team to ensure test scripts and supporting evidence is to an auditable standard.
2. Defining and developing testing ways of working - Help to define the testing team structure and distribution of activities to set us up for success. - Support us to devise an annual testing programme to appropriate phase our testing work but achieve appropriate testing coverage. - Develop ways of working with the business to support testing (e.g. how we request and receive documents and feed back test results)
3. Developing testing tools & templates - Work with the team to define standard testing scripts for our controls. - Develop standard testing methodology, including sampling methodology and work. - Develop training material on testing to support the onboarding of testing resources in the future.
Key People and Teams
- Global Controls and Compliance team
- Finance Global Process Owners
- Business unit Finance teams
- Global Finance System Support - FSS
- Technology (UK Colleagues and Bengaluru)
- Technology Risk and Controls team
- Consultants / Contractors involves in the project
- External Auditors
Operational skills relevant for this job
- Strong communication skills to include influencing and relational skills.
- Able to self-motivate, organise and take responsibility for own workload to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met.
- Ability to work using their own initiative to solve problems and work under pressure.
- Able be to multi-task and prioritise work effectively.
- Good team player whilst being able to work independently on own tasks.
Experience required for this role
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance.
- Strong problem solving skills.