San Diego (Carmel Valley area) based Biotech client is looking for an FP&A lead. This role will start as a 6 month contract but can potentially extend or convert into permanent. Looking for someone to be onsite at least most of the time. Rate is negotiable based on experience and they would like someone with some industry experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. CPA or MBA preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role, business partnering or other finance area, in similar biotech/biopharma/pharma environments.
* Experience working closely with R&D/Clinical Development organizations.
* High level of intellectual curiosity, with ability to work independently and solve complex problems.
* Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations.
* Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills, Excel skills, and MS Office proficiency. * Knowledge of financial reporting, forecasting, modeling, and planning applications a plus. * Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) a plus