Hydrogen have been retained to exclusively support our client, a growing family office, with their search for a General Counsel.
The successful candidate will support our client across a range of international business activities and interest across the UK, Europe and the US.
Reporting directly to the Board, this is a unique opportunity for the role as a sole lawyer within an incredibly active family office, primarily operating within the hospitality sector. You will be a key commercial and strategic adviser to teams across an internationally renowned property portfolio, as well as with the attitude and willingness to have involvement with ventures across an array of sectors.
An ability to work and think independently, proactively, resourcefully and commercially, whilst also taking a collaborative and hands-on approach with a truly global team as well as the groups directors, shareholders, lenders and other key stakeholders, is a must.
- Leading on all M&A and transactional matters, including acquisitions, disposals, refinancings and joint ventures.
- Drafting and negotiating hotel management, construction, lease, franchise, licensing and related agreements.
- Overseeing the international legal, compliance and risk management activities of the group.
- Setting appropriate internal governance policies to ensure broad understanding and compliance of such policies across the business.
- Provide clear and incisive legal advice on all legal matters including corporate structuring and all commercial contracts (including intellectual property, procurement, services, licence, management, consultancy and settlement agreements).
- At least 8 years of experience as a qualified solicitor with a strong Corporate law background.
- Family office and/ or hospitality experience preferred.
- London based.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond on an individual basis, if you haven't received a response within 2 weeks it is likely you have not been successful on this occasion.
*Candidates outside of the stated PQE range are encouraged to apply provided you can demonstrate the necessary experience and competencies.