Hydrogen have been retained to exclusively support our client with their search for a General Counsel.
Our client is a venture capital firm with a geographically and sector diverse portfolio of tech investments. Reporting to the CEO, this is a role to not only be the sole lawyer in the organisation, but also to be a key commercial partner to the investment team as well as a member of the firm's operational team.
An ability to work and think independently, proactively, resourcefully and commercially, whilst also taking a collaborative and hands-on approach with the rest of the team and investors, shareholders, portfolio companies and advisers, is a must.
- Advising fund raising, including negotiating with potential investors on commercial terms of investment as well as leading on any structuring requirements to enable investments to be made from investors with varying requirements.
- Taking ownership of the firm's organisational structure, corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
- Advising on ad hoc legal matters from tax related issues to groupwide debt refinancings.
- Overseeing compliance infrastructure to ensure adherence with best practices and rules adopted by all competent authorities as well as any relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Structuring and negotiating all new and follow on portfolio investments.
- Being a go-to resource, both internally and externally, for day-to-day issues within the existing investment portfolio, including acquisitions, disposals, and other exit transactions.
- Leading on all strategic legal matters affecting the firm.
- Procuring and managing external counsel and legal spend where required.
- At least 8 years of experience as a qualified solicitor with a strong venture capital and/or private equity background*.
- Experience advising on Series B to D fundraisings would be desirable
- In-house experience preferred.
- London based.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond on an individual basis, if you haven't received a response within 2 weeks it is likely you have not been successful on this occasion.
*Candidates outside of the stated PQE range are encouraged to apply provided you can demonstrate the necessary experience and competencies.