Hydrogen are currently working with a leading trading platform that is ambitiously expanding to the four corners of the globe. Their top-rated products have won prestigious industry awards for their cutting-edge technology and
seamless client experience.
They are looking to hire a Head of Tech Strategy to join their team in London on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Chief Information & Technology Officer, this role will lead initiatives across the whole organisation, which will involve collaboration and consultation across many departments and stakeholders.
The Head of Tech Strategy will work on cultivating and maintaining a culture of strategic long-term thinking within the Tech org, as well as driving short-term tactical efforts where needed. This role will build out business cases for proposed new initiatives and work with technical leaders and other stakeholders to make those plans reality.
What you will do:
- Lead the strategy framework and governance practices within the company's Tech organisation
- Constantly analyse the organisation for gaps, then fill those gaps. Design new structures and processes, get stakeholder buy-in, then lead them until they're self-sufficient
- Act as counterpart to various product and commercial stakeholders to understand their needs, derive business cases, and distil their requests down to what matters most
- Identify and perform research and analysis on opportunities which support their technology initiatives, and develop business cases
- Be a key collaborator in the prioritisation process and goal setting, presenting to leadership and keeping major stakeholders informed
- Facilitate transparency and communication within the various Tech teams and with stakeholders
- Stay on top of the technological landscape and help keep focused on always chasing the priorities that set them apart
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a mixture of technology, technology strategy, consulting and project management roles
- Experience leading teams and a record that balances individual contribution with making those around you better
- Next-level organisational skills and ability to model those across a diverse team
- Experience managing high performing teams across a variety of locations, experience levels, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience building business cases and excellent presentation skills
- Experience in the financial industry is valued, but not required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in CFD, Stock or Crypto products is a plus
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply online and make sure your most up to date CV is attached.