Lead Systems Specialist - Oracle
We are one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity
The Lead Systems Analyst will provide application support on Oracle eBusiness Systems Modules tasks/projects that include translating Business, process and system requirements into functional and technical design through architecture design, development, testing, and implementation using technical evaluation. The candidate will work effectively under minimal supervision and provide Technical support for developing and supporting Oracle related customizations and extensions covering modules in Finance or Oracle Projects. Has extensive knowledge of multiple business areas needed to understand potential effects to other Oracle application modules. This position will support our business users, participate in all relevant changes management activities, and overall service delivery and customer satisfaction. This will require interaction with core business users and the need to work as a team member of a large Oracle support team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical development and support for Oracle eBusiness Systems Modules.
- Collaborates with customers to ascertain system specifications and business/technical requirements to create spec documents that meet their needs.
- Responsible for completion of all required Change Management tasks and relevant SOX control requirements (if applicable).
- Utilize industry accepted project management principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices throughout the project life cycle.
- Collaborates with business users and all levels of management to understand requirements/issues/challenges, and delivers high value solutions that meet/exceed business requirements
- Owns requirements gathering, design, development, testing and implementation of technical best practices and assumes significant responsibility for interpretation of Business aspects and overall success
- Demonstrates understanding of system-wide dependencies and interactions
- Acquires and utilizes knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (internet, books, periodicals, classes/workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop, foster and apply Information Technology expertise
- Tracking deliverables and provide reporting to management as needed.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree from a 4 year accredited university is preferred
- 10 years of related industry or technical experience is preferred
- 10+ years of experience with technical support of Oracle eBusiness Systems modules (Financials/SCM/ EAM/Projects) including Release12.
- 10+ years of experience with SQL, PL/SQL & XML.
- 10+ years of experience with Oracle tools: Oracle Forms and Reports; BI Publisher etc.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux, Unix, developing shell scripts.
- 10+ years of experience with the backend table structures for any Oracle eBusiness system module required
- 10+ years' Oracle database experience is highly preferred
- 4 years of experience with Advance debugging skills in OA Framework.
- 4 years of experience with in OAF Personalization.
- Experience working in a multi-developer, team environment is preferred.
- Experience in OAF development is an advantage.