The Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing and/or overseeing maintenance of all facility systems. This includes oversight of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, security, lighting, EH&S, waste/recycle/compost collection, office furniture, pest control, and basic services for the Company. This role will resolve both the tactical day to day issues as well as helping develop and implement long term strategy.
- Support the Facilities Manager in day-to-day facilities operations, including infrastructure maintenance, occupant support, repair, construction, renovation, security, janitorial, and development projects
- Manage work of contractors and vendors
- Provide office support for the Manufacturing and R&D departments
- Manage and maintain site and equipment to meet health and safety compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and national regulations and codes
- Routine inspection of equipment and building structure to determine the need for repairs and renovations
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met and check completed work by contractors and vendors
- Oversee facility central services such as pest control, security, cleaning, waste disposal, and parking
- Safeguard continuity of operations through duplication of equipment as well as oversite of security and disaster recovery, coordinating the response to emergency situations
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures 24/7 (on call)
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Perform simple "handyman" services when needed
- Actively promote and support the Quality Management System, Quality Objectives, and Quality Policy.
- Assure that you are trained on all applicable procedures and processes according to Good Manufacturing Practices, applicable FDA and Regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote and support the company's Management Review process.
- Inform responsible personnel of concerns involving product quality.
- Perform job functions in a safe and effective manner
- Complete and/or oversee other duties
- HS diploma (AA degree preferred) and a minimum of 3 years related facilities experience required; experience in the medical device industry preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in pilot/production line support in a Controlled Environment is a plus
- Experience working under quality systems designed to meet health, safety, and environmental regulations highly desired
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to read, understand, and follow SOPs
- Knowledge of general hand tool usage
- Mechanical, plumbing, and electrical skills are a plus
- Familiar with GMP, GDP procedures and requirements
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) with cross-functional individuals and teams required
- Experience working with desktop office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and perform general labor without restrictions
- Ability to work independently or in team setting required
- Must be able to travel