As a member of the Global Facilities & Engineering (GFE) division, the Global CAPEX Projects organization has been created to connect all competencies in one organization, ensuring steering, governance, standardization, knowledge, and skills to support strategic and large CAPEX projects with high quality services.
The simultaneous execution and multi-contracting model of strategic and large CAPEX projects gives many opportunities to personally evolve on a global level and act as a key function in projects.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Manager Project Controls you report to the Head of Project Controls and functionally to the Project Manager in charge.
- You conduct effective controlling mechanisms for (strategic and large) CAPEX projects and support project stakeholders by illustrating the project's progress.
- In this role you transform the cost estimation to a cost breakdown structure and create the budget baseline for project controlling.
- Furthermore, you issue monthly financial report, including curves on planned, actual and forecasted cost and cash spending - you monitor / report monthly on the state of risks / opportunities, change orders / claims, and budget transfers.
- You identify deviations from plan, analyze cause and effect, and recommend corrective measures to the Project Manager.
- Monitoring performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical metrics is one of your key tasks.
- In addition, you establish work habits to let the Project Controller's function become an integral, agile and pro-active building block in project execution.