Manager Project Controls
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Manager Project Controls you report to the Head of Project Controls and functionally to the Project Manager in charge.
- You conduct effective controlling mechanisms for (strategic and large) CAPEX projects and support project stakeholders by illustrating the project's progress.
- In this role you transform the cost estimation to a cost breakdown structure and create the budget baseline for project controlling.
- Furthermore, you issue monthly financial report, including curves on planned, actual and forecasted cost and cash spending - you monitor / report monthly on the state of risks / opportunities, change orders / claims, and budget transfers.
- You identify deviations from plan, analyze cause and effect, and recommend corrective measures to the Project Manager.
- Monitoring performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical metrics is one of your key tasks.
- In addition, you establish work habits to let the Project Controller's function become an integral, agile and pro-active building block in project execution.
- Master's degree (e.g. MBA, MSc. M.Eng.) or Diploma degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics, or related fields
- Several years of professional working experience in CAPEX projects and profound project controls expertise
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Empathic communication, strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good understanding of international and interdisciplinary working environments
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
- Flexible schedule and the willingness to travel and relocate