We are seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Associate to support our new Viral Vector biotechnology facility in Oceanside, CA.
Under minimal supervision, in this role you will be accountable for and focused on front line manufacturing of viral vectors.
* Assist with startup activities of a new cGMP facility by collaborating with PD, MSAT, Engineering and Quality departments
* Perform manufacturing processes on the floor, following batch records and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure safe and compliant operations
* Ensure right-the-first-time performance of all process steps specific to the phase or stage of operation, as well as help drive the safety-first culture at Kite Oceanside
* Work as part of a team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Process Development and Quality
* Prior experience with biopharmaceutical, cell or gene therapy manufacturing is a plus
* Knowledge of the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's)
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and data analysis
* Assist with upstream unit operations for the manufacture of viral vector products in a cGMP environment using proper aseptic technique, good documentation practices, and sound scientific methods
Must be flexible to work Monday through Sunday and 10 hour shifts when needed, OT.