Medical Director, Belgium
- Provide scientific and technical leadership within the cluster of countries for our COVID 19 vaccine and future vaccination programs
- Develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders to ensure that robust insights from healthcare practitioners and patients are gathered into local and regional plans and tactics, enabling the generation of data that are needed by payers, physicians and patients to properly understand and value our innovative medicines and vaccines.
- Develops strong relationships with health care and regulatory authorities and related technical organs in support of the adoption and implementation of Company's's innovation.
- Drives country insight gathering activities (e.g. advisory boards, expert meetings) to meet the company needs around the clinical development and implementation of innovation in the field of vaccination.
- Enhances Company's's reputation and profile through a clear external focus, representing the company in industry associations and in front of general and specialized media (in collaboration with Public Relations).
- Provides clear understanding of how countries' health care systems, national immunization plans and guidelines need to change to introduce and maintain innovations around vaccination.
- Partners with regional Medical Affairs teams to help develop country medical affairs strategies for assigned products.
- Partners with the local commercial organization to ensure the full alignment of country Medical Affairs strategies with brand strategies.
- Identifies opportunities at country level for innovative research concepts for clinical data generation that support the benefit/risk profile of Company's's vaccinations.
- Ensures that medical information requests (MIRs) from healthcare professionals are addressed and aligned
- Drives medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
- Stays informed on professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a therapeutic area resource to market teams
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia as part of the country team.
- Provides guidance to country cross-functional team members to aid in the development of promotional materials. Provides timely and accurate reviews of promotional strategies and tactics in accordance with established policies and practice standards, including regulatory guidelines to meet customer needs.
- M.D./PhD. Additional advanced degrees, entry on a Specialist Register (Pharmaceutical Medicine or a relevant clinical specialty) and a current license to practice are a strong plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in global pharmaceutical industry in Clinical Development and/or Medical Affairs with demonstrated successful track record
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills and ability to understand how decisions in Medical Affairs fit into the broader context of company strategies.
- Proven expertise at engaging scientific leaders and other key stakeholders (e.g. health care authorities, payors, medical and scientific organizations), preferably in the field of Vaccines.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence laterally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology and regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding of local regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Quality healthcare and insurance benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts to create your own pathway to well-being
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Family planning and adoption benefits
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, bank holidays, volunteer days, sabbatical, and a discretionary winter break
- Educational resources
- Savings and investments
- Location-specific perks and extras!