Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic, global team!
Our culture is the foundation for how we interact with clients and one another as part of our unique, people-focused work environment. We support a flexible hybrid working model that allows teams to build a strong and positive culture by inspiring innovation and increasing collaboration. Currently our hybrid working model allows employees to work 3 or more days in office and the remaining time remotely.
Employees and Managers will discuss and determine what schedule works best for them and the team, with additional flexibility available based on the role, business needs, and individual circumstances. JHI Workplace Practices is subject to change as the future of work within our organization evolves.
- Confidently communicate your strategy across the organization to influence stakeholders to align behind the objectives
- Lead, develop, and inspire an Agile Delivery team of analysts, subject matter experts, developers, architects, and data analysts across all HR and Payroll Technology product areas.
- Works with other leaders (Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation) to coordinate efforts to achieve our goals and objectives.
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean rituals which establish a rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of product initiatives
- Define Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to measure success/failure; lead teams to align on and deliver OKRs for customer benefit, product quality and business outcomes
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, monitor product performance, and drive decision making
- Drive analysis for undefined or white space problems and make good decisions with ambiguous data
- Actively identify potential issues or single points of failure and act quickly to mitigate and remove identified risks.
- Implement with urgency to deliver solutions and on priorities
- Influence cross-team agendas proactively to deliver outcomes while balancing short and long term objectives
- Champion the use of the right technology to deliver on product initiatives and strategic intents
- Serve as an inspiring leader, giving practitioner, career guide, and mentor to your teams
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace - the mindfulness app
- Corporate membership to ClassPass and other health and well-being benefits
- Unique employee events and programs including a 14er challenge
- Complimentary beverages, snacks and all employee Happy Hours
Must have skills
- Demonstrable experience in leading people and strategy through evaluating past decisions to improve effectiveness of future decisions and development efforts
- Experience working with Product Management, Agile, Design Thinking, and Lean methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 7+ years of financial services product experience
- Consistent track record of running systems change programmes in HR and Payroll Technology
- Experience running SAP and Successfactors Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll suite of products: SAP ERP, SuccessFactors EC and ECP and integrations with other 3rd party systems for benefits, pensions etc.
- Willingness and desire to lead global product teams that work across multiple disparate HR and Payroll applications and locations
- Experience implementing at least 7 major ERP lifecycle projects
- Able to recommend process improvement options with confidence and expertise
- Understanding the business processes and how these are supported by the systems
- Shown success working with global, self-directed, virtual product teams
- In-depth understanding of Agile process and principles
Nice to have skills
- MBA or Master's degree desirable
- Society for Human Resources Certification (SHRM) is a plus
- Experience implementing HR and Payroll Solutions at an Asset Manager
- Strong leader, comfortable communicating to C Level leadership and challenging existing paradigms
- Exceptional communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills, including communicating technology concepts to non-technology personnel
- Ability to productively work across functional teams, with a result driven approach
- Proactive nature with confirmed problem solving capabilities
- Willingness to provide 360 degree coaching and feedback
- Take ownership for issues and work to resolve them in a practical manner which aligns with the strategic architecture
- Effective time management / planning - handles personal workload optimally, sets realistic and achievable targets and consistently delivers to them
- Customer focused, committed to excellence, solid attention to detail and a great teammate
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $155,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.