The Identity Product Team is part of our Core APIs, Data and Enterprise Tools organisation. A group of Product Manager experts dedicated to developing the enterprise and data services used throughout the business to enable all of our transaction experiences, and the customer and business Outcomes and Key Results that they enable.
As Product Manager for Identity, you will work on the global vision for customer related identity and authentication, for all customers in store physical and digital experiences, globally. Building, running and motivating a talented product team to deliver on your strategy, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and deliver on the right outcomes in this domain. You will ensure we are ahead of the curve for security and customer data standards and regulations, while developing the API platform it needs to delight customers and colleagues alike. Working side by side with your engineering counterparts, you will prioritize across your domain, resolving resource conflicts, and always putting the customer first.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures;
- A master practitioner of Product Management, you will coordinate, own and prioritise development of the Identity Service whilst dealing with tactical short term requirements on a legacy technology stack
- Champion common service rollout and integration consistency across all systems
- Drive alignment with legacy and future services platform
- Leading the development plans: shaping the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business requirements and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are integrated
- Work with other Product Managers, architects and the development team to deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first.
- Innovate with our data scientists to apply machine learning/artificial intelligence for frictionless authentication services whilst reducing fraud and loss. Pushing the boundaries of innovative shopping experiences across physical and digital spaces.
- Be a go-to resource for all matters relating to the Identity and Customer API domain, and articulation of how they are used throughout the company. Engage key stakeholders across the business, such as the Customer proposition, operations, and business development teams - define the right strategy for each of our regions and store formats.
Key people and teams you work with.
- Members of your Product team (Product Managers. Key Stakeholders and Engineers).
- Colleagues and business stakeholders People, budgets and other resources I am accountable for in my job
Skills relevant for the job
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work
- Great people skills and can gain respect and trust of team members and others working with you
- Passion to get the right stuff delivered Experience relevant for this job
- Understanding of Identity and / or IAM define
- Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating Products/ Business priorities
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- Understands the impact Tech debt is causing and the value Tech upgrades can bring in, and can hold the objective conversations with your technology counterparts to prioritize it during any sprint
- Have great prioritization and decision making skills and have made good decisions/ judgements around business priorities and resource allocation, etc
Desirable: Knowledge and experience of the paradigms and trade-offs surrounding software architectures and software technical design choices.
Welwyn / London