Project Coordinator provides program and project support by updating project plans, reconciling budgets, coordinating deliverables, and ensuring project artifacts are gathered and stored. The Project Coordinator collaborates, negotiates and works within a matrixed organization.
Day to day
· Provides project management support to ensure overall success of initiatives by updating implementation plans including project business benefit, scope, objectives, schedule, deliverables, budget and success criteria that support business goals in collaboration with management and project sponsors.
· Creates agendas and maintains meeting minutes.
· Adds new action items into overall program actions and updates the status
· Assists with project and program communications as well as change management or training Plans
· Coordinates meetings
· Supports project team members and contractors and encourages them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
· Provides necessary reporting to ensure effective project communication occurs and is available.
· Determines content of status reports from the project team, troubleshoots problem areas and delivers overall progress reports.
· Maintains relationships across OIT, customers and vendors to develop an understanding of core business functions and align project(s) with overall business objectives.
· Participates in project post-mortem assessments and suggests improvements in process or procedure
· Manages issues and proactively escalates critical issues for immediate resolution.
Specific examples of regular, ongoing decisions made by this position related to duties.
· Decides on the best way to accomplish tasks.
· Follow-ups as necessary to ensure task delivery.
· Creates processes for improving data quality.
· Coordinates with the customer, Program Manager, Project Managers, business analysis staff, IT Director and vendors or other stakeholders (when necessary) to ensure projects follow standard OIT Enterprise Project Management Process with all documentation received and recorded properly.
· Maintains measurement updates
· Decides on the best way to communicate results of analysis.
· Maintains project gating documents, status, reporting and dashboards and ensures that the internal sponsor and stakeholders have the ability to see a status and/or any documentation.
· There may be other duties as assigned such as facilitation of a meeting or presenting documents in a meeting.
· 5+ years of experience working on a project as a project manager or project coordinator with responsibility for planning and coordination of activities as well as tracking and reporting the activity completion progress.
· Ability to quickly learn new tools for planning, tracking and reporting program or project status
· 3+ years of experience working in a coordination role on a team
· 5+ years experience authoring and presenting project status reports
· 3+ years of experience in the application of commonly accepted concepts and practices specific to Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and SDLC management to include, but not limited to, ITIL and DevOps methodologies.
· Experience with organizing and maintaining project plans and working in an Agile software development environment.
· Experience with project management tools.
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
· Expertise in organizing and managing projects using different methodologies, including Agile
· Expertise in using project management software
· Expertise in the application of style guidelines and practices, including accessibility
· Expert knowledge of common business applications, such as, Google suite of applications, Microsoft Office, Visio or Draw IO, and Adobe Acrobat