Project Controls Specialist
Engineering and Architecture Industry
The Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget and schedule.
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings, and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure project set-up in Oracle Financial MIS/PPS Accounting Module or Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager Program.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager software and/or the Oracle Financials MIS/PPS Accounting software.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tracking detailed breakdown of purchase orders or subcontracts.
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
- Manage the internal Change Management System.
- Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Create schedules and diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6 or Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
- Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
- Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
- Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10-hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
*The expected pay range for this position is $50.00-55.00 hourly.